Subject: PKGTOOLS_REQD bump
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2005 09:44:41
I've committed changes to pkg_install in src and pkgsrc to pass two
more environment variables to sub-processes invoked by pkg_add(1) and
pkg_delete(1).  These two variables, PKG_METADATA_DIR and
PKG_REFCOUNT_DBDIR, ensure that the refcounts database is kept in the
right location and with the right information if installing from a
binary package.  I've bumped PKGTOOLS_REQD in pkgsrc to 20050204 (the
latest version).

If you've been installing from binary packages, then there is probably
a misplaced refcount directory at /var/db.refcount.  I'll provide a
script in a few hours to merge those entries into the correct location
(/var/db/pkg.refcount in a default setup).

These changes only affect pkgsrc-current -- if you are tracking
pkgsrc-2004Q4, then these changes have no impact on your setup.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>