Subject: Re: Duplicating a thread problem with php...
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/03/2005 10:54:09
Hi,

>> I can't seem to duplicate this by any way other than Apache. Does anyone
>> have any ideas?
>
> this is a known problem with pthreads.  usually it's associated with
> the pthread-using application being paged out.

This is strange, since the machine has 2 gigs of memory. That doesn't mean
stuff wouldn't get paged, but it seems strange that something active would
get paged immediately.

> charles posted a work-around a while back that should help:
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/01/06/0006.html

I'll check this out. Thanks!

John
--
If our gods and our loves are nothing but scientific phenomena,
   then it must be said that our love is scientfic as well.