Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 DVD
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/01/2005 14:30:40
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> I could contribute the iso image and would be happy if a DVD iso image would
> be available for download on ftp.netbsd.org

Please see the "precompiled" part of
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/submit.html#id2614698:

``Our policy is that we accept binaries only from pkgsrc developers to
guarantee that the packages don't contain any trojan horses etc. This is
not to annoy anyone but rather to protect our users! You're still free
to put up your home-made binary packages and tell the world where to get
them. NetBSD developers doing bulk builds and wanting to upload them
please see Section 5.3.8, Uploading results of a bulk build.''

That aside, I'm curious to hear how you got all the packages on a DVD -
IIRC last time I tried to do that for what came out of a bulk build from
the pkgsrc-2004Q4 branch, it didn't fit on a DVD any more. (Then again I
also put i386 install sets on that, maybe that was too much).

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)