Subject: Re: cannot build openoffice under current
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2005 22:20:20
Hi,

Sometime, someone wrote:
> FWIW I posted a message to tech-pkg about this - I think you will see
> further up the errors which caused libaudio to be built, and essentially
> it's because Xtheads.h includes threadlib.h if USE_NBSD_THREADLIB is
> defined. threadlib.h is deprecated in current, so the question is: where
> is USE_NBSD_THREADLIB defined? (you will see it in .work.log, but I still
> haven't found where it is set..)

the problem is somewhere in xsrc:
The definition is brought in by imake, when generating the Makefile out
of the Imakefile, so there's nothing the openoffice package really can
do about it.
The relevant code is part of /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Library.tmpl,
which is copied into the Makefile, which takes its definitions from
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/NetBSD.cf .

The definition of USE_NBSD_THREADLIB was made conditional on the kernel
version with revision 1.70 of xsrc/xfree/xc/config/cf/NetBSD.cf (from
Jan 9), so I guess your xsrc is older than this date, and you didn't
update xsrc when you updated the kernel and the src part of the userland.

The cleanest solution would be to update and recompile xsrc.
A hack which should also work would be removing
-DUSE_NBSD_THREADLIB from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/NetBSD.cf
(untested!), but then you might trip over similar errors later.

Michael