Subject: Re: x11/xorg-server PLIST on Linux
To: Lasse Kliemann <lasse-list-tech-pkg-netbsd-2004@plastictree.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2005 13:11:42
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Lasse Kliemann wrote:

> I had to make the changes reflected by the attached patch
> meta-pkgs_xorg.diff to meta-pkgs/xorg in order to make a binary package
> of x11/xorg-server on Linux. Maybe the other KERNMAN_SUFFIXs should be
> changed as well (see the patch)?

This doesn't work, because the Imake rules are different on different
Linux systems.

Please see my email at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/01/07/0003.html

The patch won't apply directly now, but can yo uapply it manually and
test?

> There are still some extra files (i.e., not covered by the PLISTs) after
> the build.  They do not look as if I needed them urgently, so I did not
> bother sorting them into the PLISTs. I guess someone else can do this
> faster than me (and without making mistakes). A list of these files is
> attached as well.

I didn't check yet to see why these are there.

/usr/pkg/xorg/bin/Xdmx
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/92xprint-xpserverlist.sh
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/X11/Xsession.d/92xprint-xpserverlist.sh
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/K21xprint
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S21xprint
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K21xprint
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S21xprint
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/K21xprint
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S21xprint
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/profile.d/xprint.csh
/usr/pkg/xorg/etc/profile.d/xprint.sh
/usr/pkg/xorg/man/man1/Xdmx.1x
/usr/pkg/xorg/man/man4/fbdev.4

I also have these files installed. Can you send-pr this second problem of
these extra files?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/