Subject: Re: x11/xorg-server PLIST on Linux
To: Lasse Kliemann <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2005 13:11:42
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Lasse Kliemann wrote:

> I had to make the changes reflected by the attached patch
> meta-pkgs_xorg.diff to meta-pkgs/xorg in order to make a binary package
> of x11/xorg-server on Linux. Maybe the other KERNMAN_SUFFIXs should be
> changed as well (see the patch)?

This doesn't work, because the Imake rules are different on different
Linux systems.

Please see my email at

The patch won't apply directly now, but can yo uapply it manually and

> There are still some extra files (i.e., not covered by the PLISTs) after
> the build.  They do not look as if I needed them urgently, so I did not
> bother sorting them into the PLISTs. I guess someone else can do this
> faster than me (and without making mistakes). A list of these files is
> attached as well.

I didn't check yet to see why these are there.

I also have these files installed. Can you send-pr this second problem of
these extra files?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links