Subject: Re: pkgtools/x11-links permissions
To: Ian D. Leroux <ian_leroux@fastmail.fm>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2005 10:21:21
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Ian D. Leroux wrote:

> Details: The do-build target of x11-links assembles the tree of links
> under work/ and uses "pax -rwpp" to copy it over to its final
> location under /usr/pkg/share (or the equivalent on your machine).

If you remove the "pp" part of the option, does it fix your issue?  IMNSHO,
we should not be "preserving" permissions on something like this, because of
the umask issue.  (umask of root in the pkgsrc build is supposed to be set
to 022 or 002 depending on your platform.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>