Subject: Re: mozilla nss
To: Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2005 11:32:31
On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 16:14 +1300, Matthew Luckie wrote:

> As far as I can tell, there probably will not be any real demand for the
> binaries that can be installed as part of nss.  However, I would like to
> ask if there is somewhere they should be installed.  I debated the
> following:
>
> ${LOCALBASE}/bin/nss/
> ${LOCALBASE}/nss/bin/
> ${LOCALBASE}/bin/nss-*
>
> So here's the question: should the binaries be installed and if so, where?

I prefer the later, because you won't need to tweak your path to access
them.  If they are installed, we might later use alternatives to create
a digest wrapper that points to nss-digest (in case there is demand).

But I'm not sure they should be installed.  Probably not.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/