Subject: Re: using CVS and sup
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2005 00:12:58
On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:54:19PM -0800, Dave wrote:

> About a month ago, when doing a sup update on my pkgsrc tree, I noticed
> that CVS/Root kept getting changed from
> "anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot" to "/cvsroot".  Now and then, I
> prefer to use CVS instead, particularly if only one package interests
> me.  Is there some reason for this new behavior?

The reason is that the source tree on sup.netbsd.org is now checked out
of a local repository instead of anoncvs.NetBSD.org.
You can use anoncvs either by either using
cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
or remplacing the CVS/Root files:
echo anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot > /tmp/Root
find . -type f -path '*./CVS/Root' -exec cp /tmp/Root {} \;

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>