Subject: Re: Netatalk installing CUPS -- why?
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/30/2005 23:04:49
[Thanks for all the comments!]

At 13:13 Uhr +0100 30.1.2005, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:01:28PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> So: Does pkgsrc allow to conditionally build with support for another
>> package "if it's already around"? And, in a similar direction: Is there a
>> way of globally setting "whatever options you build with, don't force
>netatalk shoud use the USE_CUPS variable, as do other packages, to include
>cups support.

Yes, that'll do nicely. I've inserted the snippet

.if defined(USE_CUPS) && (${USE_CUPS} == YES)
.  include "../../print/cups/"
BUILD_DEFS+=            USE_CUPS

into the Makefile(*), and Netatalk gets configured and built without CUPS.

I'll send-pr.

Thanks again,

(*) Btw., what does the USE_CUPS in BUILD_DEFS do? Is it intended for
Netatalk's Makefiles, or some pkgsrc magic?

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email
/ \  Respect for open standards