Subject: Re: Netatalk installing CUPS -- why?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2005 16:33:13
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Hauke Fath wrote:

> So: Does pkgsrc allow to conditionally build with support for another
> package "if it's already around"? And, in a similar direction: Is there a
> way of globally setting "whatever options you build with, don't force
> BLOATEDPACKAGE on me"?
>
> I've disabled CUPS support in the Makefile, and Netatalk continues to print
> as before. And I've gotten rid of CUPS.

Well, to get CUPS support in netatalk, I believe it has to be used at build
time, hence the dependency.  However, this is a case that could be addressed
by the addition of an options.mk configuration options.  In that case, you
could configure it out of netatalk in mk.conf for your own setup (though
binpkg users would get the dependency for maximum compatibility reasons).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>