Subject: Re: pkg_chk that does not need pkgsrc
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2005 20:01:38
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	I've updated pkg_chk not not need pkgsrc when used with -b, so
> 	you can copy a set of binary packages, pkg_chk, and pkgchk.conf
> 	to a remote machine and run it there.
> 	I wondered if anyone would like to have a look/test?

Can it be made to not require downloading the binaries before it's decided
which ones are needed? Like, "look, there's a bunch of binary pkgs from
the latest bulk build on, update!".

First downloading some 5GB of pkgs if you don't need them is ... yuck. :)

  - Hubert

NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)