Subject: Re: Changes to reference count directories
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2005 13:38:12
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <41F7FE7A.7010707@netbsd.org>,
> 	Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org> writes:
>
>>Due to feedback, I'm moving the location of the reference count database
>>to ${PKG_DBDIR}/.refcount.
>

> Please undo that change. It breaks "pkg_info -Ia" which suddenly complains
> that it cannot read "+COMMENTS" because it tries to open
> "/var/db/pkg/.refcount/+CONTENTS".

Thanks for catching this; I missed this during my testing.

I've moved the refcount database back outside of ${PKG_DBDIR} in
revision 1.77 of bsd.pkg.install.mk.  It now defaults to
${PKG_DBDIR}.refcount, which should put the refcount database in the
same place as ${PKG_DBDIR}, and with roughly the same name to emphasize
the relationship between the two.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>