Subject: Re: rc.d PLIST auto-registration (was Re: Desktop files)
To: None <>
From: Johnny Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2005 13:40:04
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I added it there last April to help with moving to a different
> RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR (which I have been doing for a couple years now).
> It was part of Greg Wood's PR #22954 also.
> But if we agree that share/examples/rc.d/ is the only choice (which is
> fine with me), then we could get rid of this auto-registration.
> or something to imply that it should not be changed? Or we could just
> hard-code the path itself.

We should do the following in a single commit:

(1) Remove the RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR variable altogether.
(2) Remove the auto-entries into the PLIST.
(3) Sweep through pkgsrc and add the rc.d scripts manually into the
     existing PLISTs as "share/examples/rc.d/<script>".

If no one is working on this, I'll do it this Friday after I've
committed my refcount changes.

	-- Johnny Lam <>