Subject: rc.d PLIST auto-registration (was Re: Desktop files)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2005 09:05:58
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> It'd be more or less the same, but if we go the .mk route, I don't plan
> to automatically add entries in the PLIST in ANY WAY.  It's nonsense;
> they will always be installed in the same place and with the same name.
> (On a not-so-unrelated note, rc.d installation should be changed to not
> generate plist entries automatically, but that's another issue.)

Removing it is fine with me too.

I added it there last April to help with moving to a different
RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR (which I have been doing for a couple years now).

It was part of Greg Wood's PR #22954 also.

But if we agree that share/examples/rc.d/ is the only choice (which is
fine with me), then we could get rid of this auto-registration.

Also, should we rename RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR to _RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR
or something to imply that it should not be changed? Or we could just
hard-code the path itself.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/