Subject: Re: Changes to reference count directories
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/26/2005 15:32:58
Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> Reference count directories so that we know when it's safe to remove
> a directory without impacting the remaining packages.  The reference
> counts are stored in /var/db/pkgdir.  The install scripts are also
> extended to allow for easy sanity-checking and fixing of the directories
> present in the filesystem.

Due to feedback, I'm moving the location of the reference count database
to ${PKG_DBDIR}/.refcount.  The name of the directory may not be
changed, but the path to the directory now defaults to ${PKG_DBDIR},
which defaults to /var/db/pkg on most systems.  This should also do the
right thing on bootstrapped systems, since PKG_DBDIR is set within
/etc/mk.conf on those systems.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>