Subject: Re: Changes to reference count directories
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/26/2005 11:23:50
Johnny,

thanks for the explanation, now I understand what you have in mind.
Sounds good. Maybe a minor thing:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> There are two main benefits to the new implementation.  There now
> exists a script (+DIRS) that can be run at any time to create any
> missing directories.  Also, the install scripts are more factored, so
> they're easier to understand and edit.

If it becomes required that users need to run this, maybe add a wrapper to
pkg_admin ("pkg_admin mkdirs"?) which creates the needed directories for
a given number or all pkgs (similar to what "pkg_admin check" does.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)