Subject: Re: little hacking project: bulk build checksums
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2005 11:39:49

Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:
> It would be nice to have files with checksums of binary packages=20
> available, esp. after bulk builds. Possible options to implement that=20
> would be either
> a) at "make package" time, where $PKGDIR/../../$checksumfile could be=20
> updated. An old checksum of the same filename should be removed. Maybe=20
> this checksum processing should only if PKG_DEVELOPER or BATCH (=3D=3D bu=
> build) is set. Or
> b) after bulk builds, for all packages in one go. Disadvantage here is
> that it would re-calculate checksums of pkgs that didn't change, which ma=
> waste some cycles (e.g. if you have your packages on a slow NFS server :).
> Needed checksums are what is available for NetBSD releases too: BSDSUM,=
> Is anyone interested in working on this?

I have this on my (mental) todo list.

I was thinking about doing it as part of the 'upload' script (ie more of
(b) than (a)), with a knob to pgp sign the final checksum file (which
would introduce/require interaction).

But I haven't looked at this at all yet, so if people think it would be
better to do this as part of the actual 'make package' target, I
wouldn't be opposed to that, either.

Tradition is the illusion of permanence. -- Woody Allen

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)