Subject: Re: imap-uw update?
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2005 17:02:54
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:36:24PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	It has a note that it needs to be tested on a system without
> 	Kerberos enabled before being updated. I wonder if that means
> 	a system without Kerberos running, ...

Yes, exactly. There were (or are?) severe bugs in the Kerberos code. They
caused the IMAP server to crash on a system without Kerberos running if
the Kerberos support was compiled in. After the patch was removed
deliberately during an update of the package and the IMAP server therefore
didn't work on non-Kerberos systems again (so problem showed up initially
when someone changed the package to compile in Kerberos support by
default) I've added that comment.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/