Subject: Re: lang/gcc3[4] packages and libtool
To: Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2005 11:58:59
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Johnny Lam wrote:

> > I'd like to improve this by applying the "manual" libtool patches to the gcc
> > source tree,

> I think that's fine.  We already do a bit of nastiness in the pre-configure
> target in Makefile.common that we should do away with. Your solution is more
> correct, even if it's more painful to update this package.

And from what I can see, it's even more painful than that:  gcc ships with a
horridly old version of libtool.  Ew.

I'll have to go a step further, by making the regen step "pull over this set
of files from a pre-patched devel/libtool-base, then regen".  Annoying, but
it can be done in a semi-automated fashion.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>