Subject: Re: Is it appropriate to mention here that there's a newer version of pine?
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2005 10:03:15

Thomas Klausner <> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 12:43:12PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> > I didn't see it in the TODO file and didn't know the proper procedure
> > for pointing out newer versions.
> The best way, of course, is to send a PR with a patch to update
> the package.

In addition, it would probably be useful to include a list of changes
and other reasons as to _why_ the package should be updated.  Updating a
package just because a newer package is available is not pkgsrc policy,
I believe.

The reader is encouraged to add smileys where necessary to increase
positive perception.  Right here might be a good place:

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)