Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/db4
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/18/2005 21:06:49
On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:58:58AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I may be reading your "BUILDLINK_DEPENDS bump on ... shlib major bumps"
> and "when binary packages stop working because the expected shlib major
> is not found" wrong.
>
> But BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED should be used for SONAME changes.

I may be reading your mail here wrong, but from what I understood:
"If any shlib major changes, BUILDLINK_DEPENDS is bumped"
was always the rule, even and especially after BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED
support was committed.

If there are packages where this as not followed, we have to fix
them now (late, but better than never).
 Thoms