Subject: Re: How to efficiently update bulk-built packages?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/18/2005 15:47:05
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:13:29 -0500 (EST) Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Hauke Fath wrote:
>=20
> > on top of a 'pkgsrc-200XQY' branch bulk build, I'd like to re-build
> > selected packages instead of re-running the whole build.
> >
> > Is there a way to have the package build install prerequisite
> > software from *binary* packages, if available, instead of
> > re-building stuff all over? I suppose the bulk build works that way,
> > but I cannot find where it works its magic...
>=20
> If you already have packages/All populated from the branch bulk build,
> this should happen automatically for you.  Binary packages from there
> are checked for "newness".

Sounds good, but does not happen - at least not with pkgsrc-2004Q4.=20

A 'make package' for x11/kdelibs3 attempts to build a looong list of
dependencies from source. Binary packages are in
$PKGSRCDIR/packages/All.

Are there any variables to tweak?

	hauke

--=20
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut f=FCr Nachrichtentechnik
 X     No Word docs in email	                  TU Darmstadt
/ \  Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281