Subject: sendmail vs. milter-sender vs. db2/3/4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/18/2005 11:40:24
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about db2/db3/db4 compatibility and sendmail.

pkgsrc/mail/sendmail offers building with db2 or db4.

pkgsrc/mail/milter-sender requires building with db3.

(pkgsrc-current, cvs update'd a few minutes ago).

As far as I understand, db3 is not compatible to db2 or db4 files - but at
the same time, milter-sender needs to work on /etc/mail/access.db, which
needs to be in a format that sendmail understands (db2 or db4).

This seems to be a bug/oversight, but maybe I'm missing something...?

Any ideas?  Maybe the right db* combinations are indeed compatible?

What db* version will the in-tree sendmail use (NetBSD-2.0), if any?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de