Subject: Interix/Windows bulk package builds in progress
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2005 16:26:34
As of now, binary packages appearing on ftp.netbsd.org for Interix are
considered officially supported binary builds and are built with pkgsrc
default options.  I've been doing bulk builds for fragments of pkgsrc for a
few days, and working packages are now starting to appear in:

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/Interix-3.5/i386/current/

There's also a new bootstrap-pkgsrc package for Interix 3.5 in:

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/bootstrap-pkgsrc/

(Please excuse the pathname incongruities; hopefully these will be made more
uniform in the future.)

Since I'm doing these builds on my [relatively slow] Windows box, don't
expect a lot of pkgsrc to be done in one sweep.  I am doing only
partial-tree bulk builds, and fixing trivial problems as I encounter them.
When I have access to a more beefy Interix build environment[*], I will
start making the bulk builds cover all of pkgsrc and send their build
reports to the pkgsrc-bulk@netbsd.org list.

[*] See my request for a bulk build volunteer:
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/01/11/0018.html

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>