Subject: Interix/Windows bulk package builds in progress
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2005 16:26:34
As of now, binary packages appearing on for Interix are
considered officially supported binary builds and are built with pkgsrc
default options.  I've been doing bulk builds for fragments of pkgsrc for a
few days, and working packages are now starting to appear in:

There's also a new bootstrap-pkgsrc package for Interix 3.5 in:

(Please excuse the pathname incongruities; hopefully these will be made more
uniform in the future.)

Since I'm doing these builds on my [relatively slow] Windows box, don't
expect a lot of pkgsrc to be done in one sweep.  I am doing only
partial-tree bulk builds, and fixing trivial problems as I encounter them.
When I have access to a more beefy Interix build environment[*], I will
start making the bulk builds cover all of pkgsrc and send their build
reports to the list.

[*] See my request for a bulk build volunteer:

-- Todd Vierling <> <>