Subject: Re: problem installing maildrop
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2005 20:32:23
At 12:57 Uhr -0500 16.1.2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>I'm trying to install maildrop from up-to-date pkgsrc.  When I try
>to build it, it says 'db1 is not an acceptable Berkeley DB type for
>maildrop-1.3.9nb2', with no hint on how to proceed.  I eventually
>figured out that I needed to set BDB_TYPE, but setting it to db4
>yielded a compilation error in maildrop.  db3 worked, though.  Perhaps
>it should just be a static dependency?  (If not, there should be some
>better message about what the problem is and what one should do about it.)

Steven,

does the information in pkg/28949 help you any?

	hauke

(IMHO, it would have been nice if those who bro^Wimplemented the Berkeley
db framework in pkgsrc had checked packages for db use, and either notified
the maintainers of the change, or put up generic instructions for fixing
any related problems. The way this change was done, it has created a lot of
unnecessary confusion and work for a lot of people.)

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email