Subject: Re: Tiff package
To: None <David.Kanter@uchospitals.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2005 10:49:42
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 David.Kanter@uchospitals.edu wrote:

> The tiff 3.7.1 package is causing problems for me. Now, all of my
> WindowMaker docked icons have a black background.
>
> I'm using NetBSD 2.0 and originally installed binaries from
> pkgsrc2004-q4. However, with the tiff 3.6 security breach I updated to
> tiff 3.7.1 via pkgsrc. I did a pkg_delete -fdv /var/bd/pkg/tiff*, then
> make install while in the tiff directory of pkgsrc.

The tiff in pkgsrc-2004Q4 was updated. I applied patches to the 3.6.1
version and it was pulled up to pkgsrc-2004Q4 (in ticket 174).

> Now, all the WindowMaker icons have a black background to them.

To me it seems like a PNG issue and not a TIFF problem. All my PNG images
also have black backgrounds over past week. I have png-1.2.7 installed but
that was installed months ago, so maybe not.

Windowmaker provides TIFF, XPM, and PNG files. Do you know which ones it
is?

> I had this problem with FreeBSD as well. If I remember, the bug was
> fixed with some patch about "transparency."

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/