Subject: Re: Java 1.5 packages
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/16/2005 10:47:45
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> > The OWN_DIRS are because there are config files in those directories --
> > hence they shouldn't have @dirrm's.
>
> Which configuration files are those?  All the .properties?  In that
> case, why are they being registered in the PLIST?

Only the ".default" versions are registered in the PLIST; look closely.  The
versions without the ".default" extension are SUPPORT_FILES.

> Plus I doubt OWN_DIRS will DTRT because .pkgsrc files are registered
> in the PLIST.

I don't know why those are there, but ISTR some oddness a ways back with
OWN_DIRS and whether or not .pkgsrc files were in the PLIST.  I would guess
that it's an OWN_DIRS depth-ordering problem.

> And BTW, sun-jre15 already includes multiple @dirrm lines for all the
> directories handled by OWN_DIRS...

In that case, it should not.  Probably same depth-ordering problem I mention
above.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>