Subject: Re: Java 1.5 packages
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/16/2005 09:46:21
On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 19:25 -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> > - Why do these packages use OWN_DIRS to create directories in
> >   PREFIX?  I see no point in this, given that even the created
> >   .pkgsrc files are registered in the PLIST.  I'll try to remove
> >   this and commit the results if no-one has a good reason for them
> >   to stay.
>
> The OWN_DIRS are because there are config files in those directories --
> hence they shouldn't have @dirrm's.

Which configuration files are those?  All the .properties?  In that
case, why are they being registered in the PLIST?  This will only cause
checksum mismatches during the removal of the packages if they were
changed...

Plus I doubt OWN_DIRS will DTRT because .pkgsrc files are registered
in the PLIST.  I.e., these files will be removed before the
post-deinstall script is executed, so the script
(pkgsrc/install/deinstall) won't find them and hence won't delete the
directories (IIUC).  ATM, it's working because everything is being
registered in the PLIST.

And BTW, sun-jre15 already includes multiple @dirrm lines for all the
directories handled by OWN_DIRS...

Not to say that config files under ${PREFIX} sounds wrong ;)
Well, we might fix that by installing the real files under
${PKG_SYSCONFDIR} and placing symbolic links in the expected places
pointing to them.

I'll take a look at this soon.

> > - I don't know what the optional JCE support in sun-jre15 is, but
> >   couldn't this be splitted as an individual package (say sun-jce15)?
>
> Unlimited keylength for jurisdictions where such is legal.  The change
> *overwrites* a file in the JRE, so it can't be split out [easily].

Oh, haven't seen that before.

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>