Subject: Tiff package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <David.Kanter@uchospitals.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2005 10:20:23
The tiff 3.7.1 package is causing problems for me. Now, all of my WindowMak=
er docked icons have a black background.

I'm using NetBSD 2.0 and originally installed binaries from pkgsrc2004-q4. =
However, with the tiff 3.6 security breach I updated to tiff 3.7.1 via pkgs=
rc. I did a pkg_delete -fdv /var/bd/pkg/tiff*, then make install while in t=
he tiff directory of pkgsrc.

Now, all the WindowMaker icons have a black background to them.

I had this problem with FreeBSD as well. If I remember, the bug was fixed w=
ith some patch about "transparency."

Thanks,
Dave

*****
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whi=
ch
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confiden=
tial.
If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are=
=20
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, ple=
ase=20
notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal.=20

Thank you
University of Chicago Hospitals
*****