Subject: mkfontdir hangs on OpenBSD; how to investigate?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse Kliemann <lasse-list-tech-pkg-netbsd-2004@plastictree.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2005 14:56:08
--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5

Greetings,

I tried to build meta-pks/xorg from pkgsrc-2004Q4 on OpenBSD 3.6. After my=
=20
patches to the PLIST of xorg-libs (already posted to this list) it runs fin=
e to=20
the point where the fonts are installed. For example, building=20
fonts/xorg-fonts100dpi ends in a lot of (obviously successfull) bdftopcf ca=
lls,=20
but then the process hangs at:

rm -f fonts.dir
/usr/pkg/xorg/bin/mkfontdir -x bdf .

The mkfontdir process (actually, top shows mkfontscale running) takes up ab=
out=20
95% of CPU and won't exit. The same goes for if I just call mkfontdir witho=
ut=20
any parameter. For parameter -h, it prints a usage information, but it look=
s=20
weird; there are lots of additional spaces in the output.

I am unsure how to investigate this further. Any hints are welcome!

--=20
Lasse Kliemann
      private homepage: http://plastictree.net
   NO software patents: http://swpat.ffii.org