Subject: sudo broken on -current with pam problems?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/2005 09:10:22
On the machine that builds all the time (through the MKPAM/USE_PAM
confusion) sudo changed and started asking for an ssh key. The other
machines just quit working. Now the first machine breaks, too. Trying to
use sudo gives me the following:

htodd@kerry:~ > sudo ls

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

     #1) Respect the privacy of others.
     #2) Think before you type.
     #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Sorry, try again.
Sorry, try again.
Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
Exit 1
htodd@kerry:~ >

You'll notice that I never got the chance to enter a password.

I'm sure I have my PAM misconfigured, since there was no entry in
UPDATING to tell me what to do. :)

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com