Subject: Re: Automatic PLIST verification
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2005 11:16:53
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> in a recent discussion in tech-pkg@ (don't remember very well which one
> it is), it was suggested that comparing the generated PLIST to the files
> that were really installed by the package could be a good idea.

I had brought that up. It looks like your patch just does a find of all
files in ${PREFIX} before and after. This could be very slow on some of
my systems :).

My idea was to just save the +CONTENTS (pkg_info -L) of the package before
the deinstall. Then on a install, if it was saved, compare them.

Either way would be useful to me. Thanks!

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/