Subject: Re: Shared object not found - but all dependencies are ok ?!
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2005 10:35:31
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 17:58 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > The problem with pkgsrc is that on different platforms the SONAMEs may be
> > different.
>
> Didn't the latest big changes to libtool (those that required all the
> revision bumps) fix that?

I am not sure yet. I have been trying to see if I can see differences.

Anyways, if they are the same, do we still need the dynamic PLIST
registration of these libraries. It may may make it easier for updates
other than it is harder to quickly see if the library names have changed.

> Yeah, I know that not all packages are libtoolized, but I doubt that
> those that are not bother to set different version numbers for different
> platforms.

An example is X libraries.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/