Subject: Re: upgrading ocaml
To: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2005 13:44:00
To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind upgrading it as well.  There's a
package I've been meaning to import for a while but haven't been able to
because ocaml was too old.  I played round with a few updated versions
locally but since then other things got in the way and I'm not that
familiar with ocaml :)

I think one thing we have to make sure of is that we don't break other
apps that depend on ocaml.  As you have noted, and I've found myself,
the packages that need ocaml can be very specific about which versions
of ocaml they choose to work with.

Thanks for the package, I'll download it and see how it goes.  We should
  also test all other apps that need ocaml (I don't think there are that
many . . . say < 10 last time I looked).

(I can also probably get access to a OS X box to test it on as well)

Please feel free to email me off line if you've had success with other
packages and the new compiler and we can take it from there.

regards,

adrian.