Subject: Re: problems with choosing a Berkeley DB
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2005 01:28:09
On Tuesday 11 January 2005 18:12, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> Yes, I think this is one way to do it.  The other is to set BDB_ACCEPTED
> to "db3" for kdevelop-base, but in that case, the build will fail
> unless BDB_DEFAULT is also "db3".

Yes, thats how its currently set up but I'd rather not have to force
BDB_DEFAULT to be db3 just to build kdevelop-base, especially since various
other packages require db4.

>                          I'm not sure why it's working in this case, but not
> in other cases that have been reported to me.  I'll just hope that it
> continues to work, and perhaps we'll figure out the real reason in the
> future.

I think that the bits of kdevelop-base that actually use db3 happen to not
pull in those things that use db4.

> Also, hopefully, kdevelop-base will one day be able to use
> db4, since that's the way everything is moving.

That would be nice.

cheers
mark