Subject: Re: Japanese fonts in Java?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/11/2005 04:06:36
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> writes:

| On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:22:00AM +0900, Shigeki UNO wrote:
| > Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> writes:

| > |
| > | Can we enable these things in the java pkgs by default, somehow?
| > | Depending on the font and editing a file or placing a symlink doesn't
| > | sound too expensive in exchange for working (jp) font support.
| >
| > Anyone want to try it?
|
| Thanks for your how-to. I tried it with sun-jre14 to get
| pkgsrc-wip/jgloss to display japanese fonts. It didn't really
| work, but my guess is that it's jgloss' fault. Do you have
| a suggestion for another java-app that I could use to test
| this?

Well, I installed sun-jre14(pkgsrc/lang/sun-jre14) and jgloss(pkgsrc/wip/jgloss) to
check if jgloss works or not. The result is that _jgloss works without any problems._

When you import text files written in japanese, why don't you set like this?

File -> import -> File -> character encoding of file:<EUC-JP>

Once you set it to EUC-JP, you can view next japanese file correctly even if character
encoding of file is set to <auto>.

And this is another topic. If you want to use MS fonts with sun-jre14, the following
site will be your friend.

 http://jgloss.sourceforge.net/japanesejava.html

HTH,

---