Subject: Re: tiff shouldn't require C++
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/2005 22:44:44
--zgr1mbP1ee4HJQ5m

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 08:56:39PM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> We have far too many packages that link against libtiff but are not
> C++ applications, and it's quite a lot of work to sweep through pkgsrc
> to make sure that those applications that link against libtiff, or
> that load libtiff via a loadable shared module, are linked using the
> C++ compiler.  Therefore, I want to disable the C++ support in the
> libtiff.la library and split out the C++ functions into a libtiffcxx.la
> and bump the PKGREVISION of the tiff package.
>=20
> Comments?

Could it be the issue that leads to the problem described in PR#28864?
(Emacs dumps core if linked with libtiff.)

--=20
"Commala-come-five! / Even when the shadows rise!
To see the world and walk the world / Makes ya glad to be alive."
Susannah's Song, The Dark Tower VI, Stephen King, 2004.

--zgr1mbP1ee4HJQ5m

--zgr1mbP1ee4HJQ5m--