Subject: Updating Perl in pkgsrc-2004Q4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2005 10:56:59
Hello,

Does anyone see any problems with the idea of manually updating and
building the latest Perl without the security issues and using that to do
bulk package builds with pkgsrc-2004Q4?

I can't see any value whatsoever in having all of the Perl dependent
packages built based on an insecure Perl, and I don't feel like waiting
around until someone pulls a fixed Perl into 2004Q4.

What are other people's thoughts about this?

Thanks,
John Klos
--
If our gods and our loves are nothing but scientific phenomena,
   then it must be said that our love is scientfic as well.