Subject: Updating Perl in pkgsrc-2004Q4
To: None <>
From: John Klos <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2005 10:56:59

Does anyone see any problems with the idea of manually updating and
building the latest Perl without the security issues and using that to do
bulk package builds with pkgsrc-2004Q4?

I can't see any value whatsoever in having all of the Perl dependent
packages built based on an insecure Perl, and I don't feel like waiting
around until someone pulls a fixed Perl into 2004Q4.

What are other people's thoughts about this?

John Klos
If our gods and our loves are nothing but scientific phenomena,
   then it must be said that our love is scientfic as well.
                                    - L'Eve Future