Subject: php-fcgi, eaccelerator
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@soclab.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2005 08:06:28
Hi,
I'm working on a few new packages that I need. I'm not very familiar with
pkgsrc mechanisms, so I've got a few questions and need help :)

1. www/php-fcgi - http://netbsd.soclab.eu.org/pkgs/php-fcgi.tgz

Generally I modified Makefile from www/ap-php and it works. It wouldn't
compile without this line in Makefile:
LIBTOOL_OVERRIDE=
Is this good solution of the problem?
The second thing is PHP internal fcgi library - it links with it even when
I add bl3 link to www/fcgi and I don't know how to change it.

2. www/php-eaccelerator -
http://netbsd.soclab.eu.org/pkgs/php-eaccelerator.tgz

eAccelerator is a fork of great but dead turck-mmcache PHP accelerator,
encoder and optimizer. It compiles cleanly and works, but I have problems
with integrating it with pkgsrc's PHP mechanisms. It's structure isn't
standard so I can't use PECL_VERSION. According to lang/php/ext.mk:

.if !defined(PECL_VERSION)
# bundled extension
PKGNAME?=               php-${MODNAME}-${PHP_BASE_VERS}
EXTRACT_ELEMENTS?=      ${DISTNAME}/ext/${PKGMODNAME}
WRKSRC?=                ${WRKDIR}/${EXTRACT_ELEMENTS}
DISTINFO_FILE=          ${.CURDIR}/${PHPPKGSRCDIR}/distinfo
.else

I can define the first three variables, but the fourth is redefined in
ext.mk and pkgsrc looks for eaccelerator-0.9.2a.tar.gz file info in
www/php4/distinfo. this change solves the problem:
DISTINFO_FILE?=          ${.CURDIR}/${PHPPKGSRCDIR}/distinfo

ext.mk overrides also MESSAGE_SRC variable so I can't add my own.

--

s.