Subject: php-fcgi, eaccelerator
To: None <>
From: Piotr Stolc <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2005 08:06:28
I'm working on a few new packages that I need. I'm not very familiar with
pkgsrc mechanisms, so I've got a few questions and need help :)

1. www/php-fcgi -

Generally I modified Makefile from www/ap-php and it works. It wouldn't
compile without this line in Makefile:
Is this good solution of the problem?
The second thing is PHP internal fcgi library - it links with it even when
I add bl3 link to www/fcgi and I don't know how to change it.

2. www/php-eaccelerator -

eAccelerator is a fork of great but dead turck-mmcache PHP accelerator,
encoder and optimizer. It compiles cleanly and works, but I have problems
with integrating it with pkgsrc's PHP mechanisms. It's structure isn't
standard so I can't use PECL_VERSION. According to lang/php/

.if !defined(PECL_VERSION)
# bundled extension
PKGNAME?=               php-${MODNAME}-${PHP_BASE_VERS}

I can define the first three variables, but the fourth is redefined in and pkgsrc looks for eaccelerator-0.9.2a.tar.gz file info in
www/php4/distinfo. this change solves the problem:
DISTINFO_FILE?=          ${.CURDIR}/${PHPPKGSRCDIR}/distinfo overrides also MESSAGE_SRC variable so I can't add my own.