Subject: Re: Removing gnome-extras
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2005 16:53:02
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:34:49 +0100 (CET)
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> >> Can we make the "gnome" pkg pull all the fine stuff in someone may want
> >> when going for it, similar to what "kde" does? Dunno if that's possible.
> > Sorry, I don't understand.  What do you mean?
>
> I'm no gnome user. Every once in a while I want to have a look, and when I
> just can install a single package ("gnome") and get a maximum(?) of
> functionality, that's easy for me then.

Ah well, the gnome meta-pkg already pulls in a lot of stuff and provides a
very functional desktop.

More specifically, it depends exactly on what the GNOME Project claims to
be part of the desktop (minus some apps not yet packaged).  Plus the
versions listed in it are the same that are part of the latest release
(though these are minimum dependencies, not like in the kde meta-pkg,
where they are "strict").  I'd like this package to stay this way (because
it's consistent with what the official GNOME Desktop is).

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/