Subject: MySQL 4 and threads
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2004 13:59:55
Hi,

I can't seem to get MySQL 4.1.7 to work on m68k machines. I keep getting:

mysqld: Couldn't allocate stack for idle thread!: Cannot allocate memory

even on a system with 128 megs of memory when the calling shell is
unlimited.

On a sparc64 machine, MySQL-4.0.whatever (latest) actually crashes the
machine when it exits - it does it pretty reliably.

On another m68k Amiga machine, MySQL 4.0.whatever (latest) may have caused
a kernel panic, since the panic happened when MySQL was quit. It wasn't my
machine, so I didn't get to do a backtrace.

All of these systems are NetBSD 2.0 systems.

Anyone have any ideas?

John Klos