Subject: Re: Native Java
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2004 12:13:41
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> On Friday 31 December 2004 03:20, David Maxwell wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Chris Wareham wrote:
> > > (Hopefully one day we'll have an officially sanctioned binary package).
> >
> > Sun is working with NetBSD to sort this out. Keep your eyes open for
> > news 'soon'.
>
> G'day,
>
> 'Soon' as in next week, month, year or decade? What timeframe are we talking
> about? There wasn't much breaking news since jdk-1.1.8 four years ago.

I quoted 'soon', since it's difficult to know how long any contractual
process may take. However, NetBSD 501-3c status has simplified the
process - and Sun has done more of these types of agreements now than
when NetBSD first approached them (years ago).

I think we're expecting 'weeks'.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me