Subject: net/mrtg on non-IPv6 systems?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2004 16:49:58
I've got a question re. net/mrtg on a non-IPv6-supporting system:

Is it necessary to have net/p5-INET6 support, or could one use

.if !empty(USE_INET6:M[Yy][Ee][Ss])
.include "../../net/p5-INET6/buildlink3.mk"
.endif

instead of including it unconditionally?
net/mrtg/Makefile says
BUILD_DEFS+=    USE_INET6

However, I don't see where USE_INET6 is actually being made use of here.
And in general, should USE_INET6 not just only enter BUILD_DEFS on
systems that in principle can support IPv6? (on others it pointless)
So isn't the following maybe appropriate?

.if !empty(_OPSYS_HAS_INET6:M[Yy][Ee][Ss])
BUILD_DEFS+=    USE_INET6
.endif

I know it's not nice to habe a _ variable outside mk.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de   +49 177 8811442