Subject: Re: Problems building "emacs" under NetBSD 2.0
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2004 21:21:05
On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 10:26:22AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> I cannot build "emacs" from "pkgsrc" (2004-12-29 HEAD sources) under
> NetBSD 2.0 on my SPARCStation LX any more. It dies while trying to dump:

This may be totally unrelated but I had a similar sort of problem with gcc3
on a sparc system using Solaris, dump would bus error.  It turned out to be
a problem with the gcc crt0, somehow the destructor list had a NULL on it
which caused the bus error just when temacs was exiting.  Can you run gdb
on temacs with the dump command line and see if it faults in the dtor? if
it does I have a hack that will stop the bus error.

--
Brett Lymn