Subject: Re: xorg man file suffix
To: Todd Willey <xtoddx@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2004 14:49:46
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Todd Willey wrote:

> After building xorg (imake, libs, and server, probably all others) I
> get errors like "unable to stat SOME MAN PAGE".  It keeps looking for
> /usr/pkg/xorg/man1/PAGE.1, but the page is installed as
> /usr/pkg/xorg/man1/PAGE.1.gz.  I've changed the MAN_SUFFIX and all
> other *_SUFFIX variables in meta-pkgs/xorg/Makefile.common to have the
> .gz extension on the end, but it still looks for it without.  In PLIST
> it uses those variables to look for the files, but a "bmake show-var
> VARNAME=MAN_SUFFIX" shows it with the .gz on the end.
>
> This is on DragonFly using recent 2004Q4, any ideas?

Do you have MANZ defined (to "YES" or something) and MANCOMPRESSED not
defined? pkgsrc does do some automated compressing of manual pages.

It is possible that the xorg build is compressing, but I just don't see it
(yet) in xc/config/cf/.

By the way, I am also having problems with man pages and xorg. If Debian,
then it uses different suffix for section 4 and 7, than other Linux. But
when I force it to change (and it works) by predefining DriverManSuffix
and MiscManSuffix, the DriverManDir and MiscManDir are changed too. I
tried setting them, but didn't happen. I think I'll need to patch the
original source to not define MiscManDir and DriverManDir if they are
already defined.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/