Subject: Re: HEADS UP: RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR changed to share/examples/rc.d
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2004 10:16:43
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Martin Husemann wrote:

> But let me ask a stupid question that I think Johnny already tried to answer:
> if I have PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=NO on my build machine, can I have it set to YES
> on the machine where I install the binary pkg?

Yes, setting it as an environment variable should override it. Here is the
code from pkgsrc/mk/install/header:

case "${PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS:-@PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS@}" in
[Yy][Ee][Ss]|[Tt][Rr][Uu][Ee]|[Oo][Nn]|1)
        _PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=YES
        ;;
[Nn][Oo]|[Ff][Aa][Ll][Ss][Ee]|[Oo][Ff][Ff]|0)
        _PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=NO
        ;;
esac

The @PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS@ above is replaced when the package is orginally
created. So on some of my boxes the install script has:

case "${PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS:-YES}" in

and others have:

case "${PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS:-NO}" in

Setting the PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS variable should override it either way.

Also PKG_CONFIG needs to be yes, but it already is.

> And why is this not documented in packages(7), nor in the pkgsrc guide?

Sorry, I don't know. I'll try to remember to do this.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/