Subject: Re: From PR to pkgsrc
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2004 09:27:00
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I do agree pkgsrc-wip is fine and good for those able to use it.
>
> However as my own broken record keeps saying, until and unless the "pkg"
> category of GNATS is officially deprecated then _someone_, be they
> pkgsrc or pkgsrc-wip committers

pkgsrc-wip committers are not responsible for GNATS.  Stop trying to imply
offloading responsibility in this way.

pkgsrc-wip is a working tree for contributors to use *directly*, period.

> must be officially encouraged to make timely use of all GNATS pkg
> submissions.

Oh, I'm sorry we can't accommodate you with our limited resources.  You have
the power to make your new package submissions more available and likely to
be pulled into main pkgsrc, and you've seen testimonials from contributors
who have exercised that power.

You're just refusing to use it yourself, naysaying the concept without
trying it (how hypocritical!), and trying to point the finger in every
direction you can to say "it's *his* fault!"  No, dear, it's your fault for
not trying out pkgsrc-wip as many have asked you to do already.

So we'll get to your PRs when we have the time available.  Until then, I
suppose they'll just sit there, statically, doing nothing.  That's the best
we can do for you at this time.  "Sorry!"

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>