Subject: Re: HEADS UP: RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR changed to share/examples/rc.d
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2004 12:21:21
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Robert Elz wrote:

> It is possible for rc.conf to get read just once, and not once per
> script (depending upon how things are configured), in which case the
> setting in the script would override the setting in rc.conf - which is
> not exactly what is wanted.

Another possibility is to add rc.conf.d/ files for packages that need
them. But this may add more complexity, because the used /etc/rc.conf.d/
is outside also.

> The automated way doesn't - you simply tell pkgsrc (in mk.conf) to
> install the rc.d scripts for you (and if you don't like the default
> location, where to install them), once, and forever after it does what
> you want (all but editing rc.conf for you).

I think it can be done by defining it as an environment variable too for
later pkg_add installs.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/