Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 packages + pkg_add bug
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/27/2004 09:49:06
On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 09:41:35AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Bruno Saverio Delbono wrote:
>
> > Actually there is an inherent logic bug within pkg_add then. It
> > should be able to recognize that this package does not exist and
> > exit gracefully.
>
> Please file a PR about this.
>
> One technique that I use is to download all the packages ahead of time
> and then run pkg_add against local packages.

is it possible to find out ahead of time which binary packages will be
needed if you don't have an unpacked pkgsrc tree sitting around?

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.