Subject: Re: gimp documentation package
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/27/2004 16:08:26
    Date:        Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:24:48 +1030
    From:        Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>

  | I would appreciate any feedback before committing it to the tree.

Why does it have a dependency on gimp?

It looks to me as if it would be useful without gimp being
installed (some of us like to read docs without necessarily
even deciding to use the thing documented - and there's also
the issue of installing docs on one system, and gimp on another).

Dependencies should only be used when a package can't work (compile,
run, get fetched, ...) without another one to make use of, never just
because someone believes that this package isn't going to be very useful
if you don't have that one as well.

kre